These are one of the biggest "hits" on my other blog- so I thought I'd post them here as they're also a very easy peasy holiday treat to make, especially with kids!
I was inspired by a recipe on Family Fun dot com and by a recipe my mom makes that is similiar except that she uses a pecan on top.
Instead of calling these holiday pretzel treats, I thought Reindeer noses was much more... well, creative, and fun!
- little pretzels- this year I'll be using up all those little bags of pretzels we got at Halloween!
- M&M's- preferrably red and brown - Red for Rudolph and brown for all the other Reindeer
Here's what the kids can do after they've washed their hands:
1. line up all the pretzels on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet
2. Unwrap your candies- eat a couple
3. Place Rolos on top of the pretzels
4. Have Mom or Dad place the Rolo topped pretzels in a preheated 200 degree oven for about 5-7 minutes. You want the Rolos to be soft and malleable, but not melted into a pile of goo.
5. Remove the cookie sheet and somewhat quickly and carefully (pan will be warm, it was in the oven) smoosh (very technical word here) the M&M's on top of the Rolos.
6. Place finished Reindeer noses onto a plate and pop them into the fridge to set. Then you can place them in a airtight container for as long as you can keep little hands from eating them! They freeze well.
For more Tempt my Tummy Tuesday recipes, head on over HERE!