Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Reindeer Noses (repost) ~ 12.8.09



These are one of the biggest "hits" on my other blog- so I thought I'd post them here as they're also a very easy peasy holiday treat to make, especially with kids!

I was inspired by a recipe on Family Fun dot com and by a recipe my mom makes that is similiar except that she uses a pecan on top.


Instead of calling these holiday pretzel treats, I thought Reindeer noses was much more... well, creative, and fun!

REINDEER NOSES


Ingredients:
  • little pretzels- this year I'll be using up all those little bags of pretzels we got at Halloween!
  • Rolos
  • M&M's- preferrably red and brown - Red for Rudolph and brown for all the other Reindeer

Here's what the kids can do after they've washed their hands:


1. line up all the pretzels on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet


2. Unwrap your candies- eat a couple


3. Place Rolos on top of the pretzels


4. Have Mom or Dad place the Rolo topped pretzels in a preheated 200 degree oven for about 5-7 minutes. You want the Rolos to be soft and malleable, but not melted into a pile of goo.


5. Remove the cookie sheet and somewhat quickly and carefully (pan will be warm, it was in the oven) smoosh (very technical word here) the M&M's on top of the Rolos.


6. Place finished Reindeer noses onto a plate and pop them into the fridge to set. Then you can place them in a airtight container for as long as you can keep little hands from eating them! They freeze well.

For more Tempt my Tummy Tuesday recipes, head on over HERE!



5 comments:

  1. I came over here for some dinner inspiration as I was making my grocery list, but this works just the same! Who needs dinner when you can have these?!??!!

    Consider the Happy family very happy as we nibble on these vittles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look like so much fun to make! Thanks posting these. I've got to make these with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO freaking cute!! Can't wait to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun. Never thought of adding the M&Ms. Thanks for the recipe and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete