Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's the most delish feast of the year! ~ 11.25.09

Oh boy, am I excited for tomorrow. Currently I'm praying earnestly for a miraculous opening of my nasal passages so that I may SMELL Thanksgiving just as much as taste it!

I had to post these so as not to forget them for the future. What a fun and simple idea. I know I'll have some leftover pie dough scraps tonight and can make these leafy treats via Family Fun!



I imagine mine will be filled with cinnamon chips or Nutella- Yum yum!

My mom will be cooking all the main dishes (turkey, mashed taters, stuffing) and her apple pie. My   Thanksgiving Day responsibilites are:
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Pumpkin Ice Cream pie with Gingersnap crust - made and in the freezer already!
  • Biscotti - done
  • Old-fashioned Pumpkin cookies - done!
  • Cranberry Salsa - awaiting the recipe from a friend, but this is DE-LISH-US
  • Roasted Carrots and Parsnips (if there are leftovers they'll be turned into Roasted Carrot and PUmpkin soup- it is soooooo good)
  • Cranberry Jello Salad
WoW, when I write it all out- it sure does sound like a lot. But really, half is already made. The veggies are a no-brainer, the cranberry salsa and jello salad and pumpkin pie will be made tonight and I'll be done.

What are you making for Thanksgiving?

I'll also be printing out these for the kids to do when they get a little out of control....
Thanksgiving printables

No comments:

Post a Comment