Thankfully, once upon a time, I gave birth to twins. And something delightful happened to me after that oh so joyous occasion--- I was fed by my newest and lovliest friends at MOPS!
My friend, Michelle, brought this little gem to me and I am forever grateful to her for that meal, her friendship and THIS PIE! It's simple and with friends like Marie Callendar and the folks at Pillsbury, it can be even simpler for all of us! wink, wink
I added a little tweak right before I added the ingredients to the pie crust... you'll probably guess it has something to do with chocolate.
Peanut Butter Pie with a Twist
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
some Nutella, if you dare
1 package vanilla pudding, prepared
1. Bake pie crust according to directions. Cool.
2. Mix peanut butter and powdered sugar in a bowl. It will resemble bread crumbs!!! Reserve some of this to sprinkle on top (I didn't do that- I use shaved chocolate instead)
3. Spread bottom of cooled pie crust with Nutella-- if you so choose, and you should so choose!
4. Sprinkle the nutella with the peanut butter mixture.
4b. Then add your prepared pudding on top of the PB mixture.
5. Top with whipped topping and either pb mixture or some grated chocolate!
6. Eat and Enjoy!!!
oh one more thing to note. I do believe you should refrigerate this pie overnight b/c something happens to that bread crumby pb layer when it's under the pudding. It needs an overnight to do this.