So this is a quick and easy recipe that my kids love and I know they'll eat it without any complaints! Gotta love meals like that.
I think I have each of the steps in pics for you and then I'll post the recipe at the end, got it?
Start by tearing your chicken apart and putting it in a bowl. Add enough BBQ sauce to make yourself happy. If it's not warmed already, warm it up for a couple of minutes.
While you've got the BBQ chicken warming up, heat up your griddle and throw your tortillas on to warm them through, making them pliable. As you warm/toast each one, slide it into a packet of foil (fold the foil in half to fit your tortillas and keep it closed so they don't dry out).
Get your cheese ready. I used smoked gouda b/c I had it and love it. You could sub out cheddar or Monterey Jack or colby jack or mozzarella if you have those.You will also need a little canola oil (not more than a Tbs), some salt, and a pastry brush.
see this night I only had so much gouda and I used some mozzarella!
Now, brush one side of your tortilla with a little oil, sprinkle it with some kosher salt and lay that side down on the griddle. Add a bit of cheese and some of the chicken mixture. Fold the top over and start another one right beside that. You could add a little more cheese on top of the chicken, too, if you really love cheese. It also helps it all stick together!
Now let these cook for a few - think of it as a variation on the grilled cheese. You just want your cheese to melt and your bottom of the tortilla to be a little browned before you flip it. Okay, looks like it's ready to flip!
Keep repeating until you're out of chicken and cheese (I know, so exact). and then cut them into wedges and serve! We like to eat these with fresh fruit and veggies.
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
cup to cup and a half of leftover roast chicken
fave BBQ sauce
6-8 oz of cheese of your choosing; smoked gouda is really good
1. warm tortillas on a griddle and keep warm
2. pull chicken off bones and add BBQ sauce to it. Warm up in microwave
3. Shred your cheese
4. Brush a little oil on one side of tortilla and sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt. Lay the oiled side down on a hot griddle.
5. Lay cheese and some chicken mixture on the tortilla. Fold over the top. Cook a few minutes until bottom is golden. Flip and cook until top is golden and the cheese is melted.
6. Keep repeating until all the chicken and cheese has disappeared into a tortilla
7. Slice into wedges and serve with fresh fruit and veggies!